We all love watching movies, don’t we? And we all get carried away by the happily ever after. But in reality, every movie we watch sets an unrealistic expectation about love and relationships. And when life hits us hard it hurts to realise that the reality is nothing like our expectations.So here are 10 best movie quotes that will describe the reality of love and relationships perfectly (Oh wait, nothing is perfect) without setting any unrealistic expectations.
1. Movie: The Notebook– Love isn’t always enough to keep a relationship going. There will be fights and arguments and love will take a backseat when that happens. What really matters are the efforts. And it is always a two-way street. And the most important thing to know is that efforts aren’t always 50-50. There will be days when one of you feel like giving just 10 percent and on days like that the other one will have to give 90 percent. And vice-versa. But there should always be 100 percent love and efforts when you both come together. And you will have to work on it because it’s not going to be easy.
Also Read | 10 Unforgettable Charlie Chaplin Quotes
2. Movie: He Is Just Not That Into You- When we are in a love relationship, we all get delusional/blinded by it and don’t see things as they are. We keep giving second chances even when deep down we know they don’t deserve it. We try to cover up for their mistakes or worse; neglect them. We try to not to fuss about it when we clearly see that they aren’t putting in as much as you are. We keep waiting, wondering and guessing. And we all think that this is how it’s supposed to be. Maybe, this is love. But that’s not true. And the sooner you realise that the better. Because if a guy wants to be with you, he will do something about it. Period.
3. Movie: Before We Go- Don’t we all think that someday we will find the kind of love that’s perfect? The kind of relationship in which you feel like you’ll conquer the world. But the truth is, life isn’t perfect and love isn’t too. There will be times when the time will test you and instead of conquering it you will fail. At such time all you have to do is choose to fail with each other. That’s reality. That’s love and relationship. Because there will always, always be a struggle and you won’t always win. You just have to choose who you want to struggle with. Because there is no perfect. And when in a relationship, You don’t allow yourself to find perfection in someone else. Because that’s not real. But what you have; Is.
4. Movie: 500 Days Of Summer- When someone comes along in our life and we realise that they like the same Bizzaro crap as us we feel like maybe they’re Our soul mates. We feel a spark, Don’t we? But the truth is, just because someone likes the same Bizzaro crap as you or just because someone is as crazy as you doesn’t mean they’re your soul mates. A relationship that lasts a lifetime is so much more than that. Be with someone who accepts your mistakes as their own. Someone who sticks with you with the changes. Be with someone who is ready to grow with you and not grow apart as life progresses. Because of soul mates, true love, destiny etc. are just concepts built up in our heads to keep us from moving on to something more real.
5. Movie: Before Sunrise- People put these romantic projections on everything but it’s not real. We all want to believe that love is the most unselfish thing in the world. But that’s not true. And the moment we realise this truth will be the moment we will be free from pain and free to love in a better way.
6. Before Sunset- We always try to fill the void in us by replacing it with something. We search for what we once had with who we are within the present. But well, everyone is made of such beautiful details that you can’t really replace anyone. But you can surely find and create something even better. And if you’re lucky enough to find a connection once again, go for it like your life depends on it. Go for it with all you have because it might not happen again.
7. Movie: Before Midnight- Don’t we all want someone who loves everything about us. But in reality, the relationship isn’t about loving each other As a whole package but rather accepting each other As a whole package. As the relationship progresses with the life you will find things you would want to change about each other, things you despise or even hate. But the secret is, you don’t have to love all of that, you just have to love them despite that. And if you find someone who is ready to put up with your flaws, all your shit and your mistakes; And love you despite them; only then it’s real. And that’s the only thing worth it because even though it’s not perfect, it’s real.8. Movie: Playing It Cool- Love isn’t all about rainbows and butterflies. It’s not just a fantastic dreamland but rather a painful reality. With love comes the risk of pain. And if someone is ready to risk that for you, you better acknowledge that because those are the only ones worth it.
9. Movie: Perks Of Being A Wallflower- We all get pathetic when it comes to love. Don’t we all want to give them all we have and much more? And sometimes we empty ourselves just to fill in the void in them. But the truth is, that’s not the healthy kind of relationship. You can’t just keep giving and receive nothing in return. Because then you would be letting yourself down. Don’t put the one you love before you; if anything keeps them equal to you. Because that’s real love.
10. Movie: P.S. I Love You- When it comes to real life rather than reel life; the story starts after the happily ever after. Because love is not a one-time choice. Love and relationship mean to choose the person you love each and every day for the rest of your lives. And there are going to be days when it won’t be easy. And you’re going to have to do it anyway. That’s love.
Did You Like These Movie Quotes? Leave Your Views In The Comments Section Below.